Understanding Allegiant Airlines’ baggage rules is critical as you plan for your next adventure with the airline. Allegiant Airlines, commonly known as Allegiant Air, is well-known for its low-cost approach, serving several destinations in the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Knowing what you may and cannot bring on board, especially in terms of personal belongings, carry-on bags, backpacks, and handbags, is essential for a stress-free flying experience. For convenient booking and information on cheap Allegiant flights, visit the Booking Trolley or call +1-585-935-7101.
Allegiant Airlines Baggage Policy: A Brief Overview
Before you begin packing for your Allegiant travel, it’s essential that you understand the Allegiant baggage policy. Allegiant Airlines has a straightforward policy that allows passengers to bring a combination of personal items and carry-on baggage, subject to size restrictions.
- Personal Item: Your Travel Companion
Allegiant Airlines provides each passenger with one free personal item on board. Your personal item should fit fully underneath the seat in front of you, taking up no valuable legroom. A personal item’s maximum measurements are 7 inches x 15 inches x 16 inches (17.8 cm x 38.1 cm x 40.6 cm).
- Carry-On Bag: Your In-Flight Buddy
In addition to your personal item, Allegiant Airlines allows each passenger to bring one carry-on bag on board for a charge. Your carry-on bag should comfortably fit in the overhead bin. A carry-on bag’s maximum dimensions are 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches (22.9 cm x 35.6 cm x 55.9 cm).
Backpacks and Purses: Personal Item or Carry-On?
The size of your backpack or purse affects whether it is considered a personal item or a carry-on bag. Allegiant Airlines has established clear rules to assist travelers in choosing the right categorization for their baggage.
- Personal Item:A personal item is one that fits completely underneath the seat in front of you without encroaching on your legroom.
- Carry-On Bag:On the other hand, if your backpack or handbag is too large to fit beneath the seat and must be stored in the overhead bin, it is considered a carry-on bag.
Examples of Personal Items:
- Laptop bag
- Small backpack
- Camera bag
Examples of Carry-On Bags:
- Rolling suitcase
- Garment bag
- Large backpack
- Tote bag
Tips for Efficient Packing: Maximizing Space and Convenience
Packing efficiently is essential for traveling light and avoiding excessive baggage fees. Here are some packing tips for your Allegiant Airlines flight:
- Strategic Packing:Save your personal items for flight essentials such as your passport, boarding pass, wallet, phone, any necessary prescriptions, and a small snack.
- Pack Wisely:Use your carry-on luggage for goods you won’t need right away during the flight, such as clothing, toiletries, and books.
- Size and Weight Compliance:Make sure your backpack and purse are under Allegiant Airlines’ maximum size and weight limits. This will save you money and allow you to travel more comfortably.
Exceeding Size Limits: Carry-On Bag Fees
It’s important to remember that if your backpack or purse exceeds the size limits for a personal item and must be placed in the overhead bin, you’ll be charged a carry-on bag fee. The following are the fees:
- $35 if paid online or at the check-in counter.
- $50 if paid at the gate.
Conclusion: Packing Smart and Traveling Light
In conclusion, Allegiant Airlines allows travelers to bring both a bag and a purse onboard, as long as they match the airline’s personal item size limits. You can save money and have a more convenient trip if you are aware of Allegiant’s luggage regulations and use efficient packing techniques. Consider using the Booking Trolley to get cheap Allegiant flights. If you need assistance or have queries, please call +1-585-935-7101.